Sunday, July 25, 2010

A change of pace

Hello all and happy Sunday, the end to another wonderful week. I hope all of you had a good week as well. For those of you who have been following my blog and those of you who have just tuned in - I am still on my quest to get my body back in shape in order to do a solo scene. I have continued my regime filled with ass kicking in the morning and a dose of thunder at night. Ok, it is not all that dramatic, but I am still working towards this goal and enjoying it more and more each day. It is not just the end result of that I enjoy, but the process as well. I like having purpose when I go to the gym. It gets a little monotonous when you are simply going through the movements. I also did an interview with Vince Lambert on Saturday. I have interviewed with him in the past and find him easy to talk to. This makes for a good interview. I imagine this is why he has done so well for so long.

Now, since constantly talking about myself can get boring (I know that you are all saying “no way” ha ha) I thought that I would shift gears on this post. My mind was consumed by one thing today. This was a dream that I had that caught my attentions on several levels. Now, I want to preface all of this with the fact that I am no Sigmund Freud, so my interpretation of my dream, or thoughts about the dream, may be complete mumbo jumbo. I simply found myself engulfed by it and though I would share. I would like to get your take on it as well.

I will start with the dream. For the sake of the blog, I will abbreviate. I am not sure how I got there, but I was outside of a building that, to me looked like a school. The school was older and single story. Oddly enough, I think that I have seen this same building in another dream. The school seemed like it was being used for a business, but I could not tell what kind. The business itself seemed very relaxed. I walked around the building and found a truck trailer, one of the bigger ones. There were about twenty people hanging out in this trailer, some of them I felt I knew and one that I knew for sure. His stage name was Puma. He danced at a club I worked at in Seattle when I was about 19. After recognizing him I immediately felt comfortable with the group in the trailer. We started talking and shooting the shit as anyone would do. After few minutes of this, Puma stood up and stated that he was sick of my crap and wanted to fight me. Before we go on, two things are important here: 1. I have never been in a fight and do not believe in violence as an answer or solution to any conflict, big or small. 2. Puma was a nice guy. I never had any issue with him. I told him that I did not want to fight him and whatever the problem was, I was sure that we could work it out. He persisted and finally attacked me. I tried to stop him by grabbing him and bringing him to the ground, where I would hold him until he calmed down. It seemed like a quick struggle with me stopping him without problem.

Now, this is where it gets interesting. Once the struggle was over, everyone started telling me how they could not believe that I had just beat up Puma. Puma had apparently known karate and was not easily beaten. I kept telling them that I did not beat him up. I just wanted to stop him so we could work it out. I told them that violence left nothing resolved. Things at this point got hazy and I moved on to the next point in the dream where I was in court for this struggle. The judge was saying that I had allowed this fight to go on and that I was at fault. I had tried again to explain that he had attacked me and that I only wanted to stop him so we could resolve our issue. Puma was there and said nothing. The dream continued on with me slowly losing everything because of this act of violence. I lost friends, family, trust that people had in me, money, and much more until I finally had nothing and was devastated. This all was the result from me, in a sense using violence.

This dream stuck with me all day because of how that situation, and my reaction to it, set off a chain reaction that had destroyed me. In my head, during the dream, it was the fight that I had entered into that had brought all of this on and if I had chosen a different solution, I may not have lost everything.

Now I have a lot of dreams, but not many force me to ponder them for very long. This one did. Let me know your thoughts, Also, there is no picture on this post, but check out Vince Lamberts article. I sent him a new one.

6 comments:

  1. wow :-) thanks for sharing your dream. i have dreamt deeply and vividly for as long as i can remember. so that's shaped me into a pretty good interpreter.
    onto your dream:
    the building is your school; your dream school. you probably have seen it in other dreams though it may have been located in a different place or appear somewhat different than in other dreams.
    i think the school being a used as a business(like a business fronting as a school?) is fairly striking. you are re-entering a business. you were not sure about the type of business because you're approaching it from a different perspective now.
    the people you felt you knew would be representative of those in the industry with whom you have a kind of connection. i get the sense that this group is representative of the generally younger, don't have to work as hard to be in prime shape that you will no doubt encounter.
    your friend, Puma, is not your friend Puma. your dream Puma is a reflection of an aspect of your own psyche. being completely frank i think Puma is your younger self, in the beauty of youth. Puma's rejection of you and your taking him down might be the dream embodiment of your fears, resentment, yada-yada;whatever the dark voices are whispering to you when you're feeling small.
    in summary, you're more than a couple of steps into a big life change. our minds will process our thoughts, feelings, experiences through dream. presented with images that provoked primal reactions, in the dream, you reacted with violence. violence is often a loss of control. i think you may have fears (naturally!) about re-entering the biz, fear of failing to comeback as a more mature actor.
    the duality concept and the mention of karate make me think of all kinds of eastern references. things not being as they appear, the gentle overcoming the strong, using an opponent's own momentum against them...
    in life, control is only an illusion. you can exercise your will, make progress toward goals; at some point the universe may smack your ass and surprise you with a new path.

    hope that's insightful. after a very long search a spiritual student was brought to the greatest guru on earth. the guru was small, old, seemed to be sleeping sitting up. the student asked his guide, "are you sure this is the great guru?"
    the guide answered, "many have been under his instruction and say he is the wisest man.... many others say he is full of shit."

    chowder

    ReplyDelete
  2. This insite was imensley helpful. I find when dreams stay on the mind, they are meant to be adressed. I often try to work through them, but my view and understanding of it is only my own. To have an outside point of view helps to peal back and more clearly understand different layers. Thank you for taking the time to do so. It was very helpful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have you ever thought about going into more details about your workouts? I myself am trying to gain weight and muscle. While I've had results it's amazing to see your quick results.
    -E

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Captain...Guess what?? From now on you're probably going to be experiencing a significantly higher dream recall AND they'll be packing more of an emotional punch.

    Know why?. It's simply cuz you've been writing. Think of your blogging as a "writing meditation" vs a sitting meditation or a yoga class. Different techniques, same results; Deeper sense of self and emotional awareness, greater inner peace (and quiet) and a serious increase in focus, to name a few.

    Sounds like you're headin' into deep waters, sir, and the HUGE dividends you'll receive from the seemingly small amounts of time you spend reflecting on your life as you write, have only just begun.

    Yaaay YOU!!


    : )))

    B.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds to me like you were remembering the dance club on Capitol Hill and remembering an altercation one night that almost got the boys,including PAM a little upset.Nice to see i remember that.But dreams are meant to be studied indepth.

    ReplyDelete