Sunday, August 22, 2010

Oklahoma


Coming back from vacation is wonderful for the soul but a bitch for routine. I found this week to be a tough for getting back to the workout routine. I had taken about a week off of the workout because of my appearance in LA and my vacation in Key West. I must say it was good in all kinds of ways. When vacation was over and the workouts resumed, I found that my motivation was down; this is actually fine because you are supposed to ease back into things. I did miss one days’ workout and the fact that I went off track stung just enough to shoot me back on track.

Now I know that the workout story this week was a little week, hell, I will go as far as it sucked. Unfortunately life is not a thrill a moment. I will however tell a story of the old times. I thought that I would throw in a drug story as these are always entertaining.

I think I was in Oklahoma for a show. I had arrived at the bar and immediately had a funny feeling. I had been in some bars that were a little off, but the people here seemed more off than normal. Any how, I went to the hotel and prepared for the show. I of course had a cigarette or two along with some powdered sugar on the old donuts (code words). Needless to say that my stress level was low and my energy was high. The owner of the club had called to let me know that my ride would be there and that I needed to be ready. I was. Oh yes I was.

Once I arrived at the club I felt even more uncomfortable, which is odd considering the cigarettes and doughnuts I had before. This bar was long and narrow, with a stage on the middle of the wall apposite the bar. The bar had an old west feel complete with the musty smell and hardwood floors. My time came to jump on stage and shake my money maker. Feeing as good as I did, I of course thought that a few beers would help wash down those dry powdered doughnuts. I waved my hand like any star expecting the magical beer to materialize because that is the way is works. Right? Any ways the beer did appear, handed to me by this nice (butt wipe) gentleman. I took a couple of belts, continued dancing. My arm started to feel numb, my legs a bit rubbery and my body all off a 100 pounds heavier. I had been slipped the date rape drug. Once I realized it I laughed a little as I had taken this for fun before and kind of enjoyed it. After about a minute or two I came to the conclusion that he must have put an ass load of the stuff in my drink because I had digested all of the doughnuts and was going down for the count. I looked around and realized that if I did not do something soon I could wake up in the some kind of deliverance dungeon.

I looked around and saw a door that led to a liquor room at the back of the bar. I knew this because I had looked around earlier for a place to eat doughnuts. I walked back to the room, which was long, but only about five feet deep. I opened the door, placed by head against the door and my feet against the opposite wall, figuring I would act as a wedge. For an hour or so I could feel people push on the door and calj my name. I could not move nor did I care to. Once I was sobered enough. I opened the door walked out and did not stop until I got to the hotel.

Now three things are interesting here. 1. What was the perspective of the audience? Imagine you are at a show and the performer just gets up, walks to the back and barricades himself in the liquor room. 2. I had done this to myself before for fun and 3. I was not that disturbed by it.

4 comments:

  1. OMG that sounds like an awful experience, at least you had a clear mind to know that they had slipped you something. Those donuts probably helped ;-) But that is fucked up that they would do that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha hA. needless to say, I did learn a lesson from this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW...The Captain living HARD CORE!!

    I mean, you handled the situation like it was an everyday event. Cool, calm and methodical. You TOTALLY took care of yourself, and you did it WITHOUT causing a scene or making things worse...like kickin' buttwipe's A^#$... Think about it, he didn't know WHAT kind of reaction you might have to what he gave you!?!?

    But...as crazy and as dangerous as all of that was, throughout it all...you remained a true professional. Granted a WHACKED OUT professional, but you maintained...simply AMAZING!

    The Captain rocks, and he rocks HARD!!

    Needless to say, the 3 year old in me is STILL laughing at...powdered donuts! It's always the little things that get me...I've never heard that before...HAAAahahahahahahaa!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok Maverick, I've been DYING to know....

    Whiskey Tango Foxtrot are you eating in the pic above? It looks like you have a generous mouthful of something you REALLY don't want to swallow.

    Initially I thought it might be seafood of some sort (crab, shrimp, etc.), but how would any of THAT create the face you're wearing!??

    So what gives??

    ReplyDelete